Welcome to Grade 1! Where everyday is a new adventure!
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to teach at Olds Koinonia Christian School. This school is home to me, I graduated in 2009, and now I am back home teaching young minds.
- Bachelor of Music from Canadian Mennonite University
- Bachelor of Education from the University of Lethbridge
- Recipient of the Golden Key from the International Honor Society
- I play and have taught Violin, Guitar, Ukulele, Banjo, Mandolin and Voice. I have also taught music theory and beginner Piano.
- I love to read and go on adventures through written word. I wish to pass this excitement and enthusiasm on to my students, you need never be alone if you have a book.
- I sew and crochet, bake and garden.
- I am always planning new and exciting adventures for the classroom.
- I have officially been married for a whole year and life is wonderful.
- My husband is John Toews who is also highly involved in shaping young minds for the Lord, through his position as Activities Coordinator at Camp Evergreen.
- We also have a little bunny named Humphrey who occasionally visits the classroom via technology to sing Happy Birthday to the birthday kids.
- God's got this!
- I miss you already
- Love you bunches and bunches
- So what did we learn...? (cause and effect of choices)
I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing school; to work with the staff and teachers who have shaped my understanding of God and my love for how this school impacts lives for Christ.
I am all about the books and the adventures that they give children. In the Grade 1 classroom we read for the excitement, the journeys, the lessons, and the fun. My wish for the Grade 1 classroom is that they all leave with a love of books and adventures that they will remember for a life time.